- The Lightning Platform is an app development platform that makes building apps faster, easier, and more fun.
- It empowers the next generation of app creators in every corner of the business to join forces with IT and turn their ideas into working apps that transform business
- The Lightning Platform delivers out-of-the-box tools and services to automate your business processes, integrate with external applications, provide responsive layouts and more.
- From no-code builders to pro-code tools, the Lightning Platform’s enterprise services and metadata-driven, multi-tenant cloud architecture means that you can focus on what makes your business better from the competition.
- Lightning includes the Lightning Component Framework and some exciting tools for developers. Lightning makes it easier to build responsive applications for any device.
Lightning includes these technologies:
- Lightning components accelerate development and app performance. Develop custom components that other developers and admins can use as reusable building blocks to customize Communities, the Salesforce mobile app, and Lightning Experience. Lightning App Builder empowers admins to build Lightning pages visually, without code, using off-the-shelf and custom-built Lightning components. Make your Lightning components available in the Lightning App Builder so administrators can build custom user interfaces without code.
- Community Builder empowers admins to build communities visually, without code, using Lightning templates and components. Make your Lightning components available in Community Builder so administrators can build community pages without code.
Salesforce Lightning Apps Features
Create custom logic
The Lightning Platform provides easy ways to create and customize business logic. We make it easy to build entire apps using nothing but clicks with tools including App Builder, Community Builder, and more. And you can turbocharge your business logic and solve hard problems with code tools and frameworks like Apex. Like Java, Apex is an object-oriented language that works in the cloud and has APIs for creating, compiling and debugging code.
Customize your user interface
Easily integrate with third-party apps and systems
The power of the Lightning Platform means you can design and build your apps using a variety of strategies. You can use no-code integration capabilities like Salesforce Connect and the new External Services Wizard to immediately link multiple systems. Or you can use a comprehensive suite of REST and SOAP APIs for specialized integration demands.