Why do you need Search Engine Optimization?
For any business, your website is the first POC (Point of contact) for the people online. Your website can attract new customers, new business & investors.
SEO has become very crucial and is an important part of marketing strategy. In any business, getting your website listed in the first three pages of search engines yields quantifiable results. For any startups, small and medium business, SEO make it easy for customers to find their websites in search engines. SEO for any business is no longer optional it’s essential.
Where to start?
Writing good website content isn’t good enough for the customers to reach your site. Building an attractive site with amazing contents is useless unless someone visits your site and reads the contents. To get your website noticed in the search engines you need SEO.
Below are the few quick tips to increase the footfalls to your website when people look for your products and services.
- Make sure your website contents reflect the business you do
- Your website content should be genuine, unique, readable and useful for the customers.
- Hire a content writer, if necessary.
- Make sure your site loads faster and it doesn’t make your customers to wait. Slow loading websites turn your customers and prospects away.
- The customer doesn’t necessarily land in the home page. Hence make the site navigation easy and simple. Offer a sitemap page to the visitors.
- Have a blog section in your site. Blogs help a lot to make your online presence.
- Use appealing and appropriate images/information graphics to your content
- Brand your site with appropriate logo and captions
- Make sure your website has meaningful, readable and SEO friendly links.
- Get familiar with HTML fundamentals.
- Link your sites to top search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo…)
- Learn about using keywords , meta tags and content description
- Link your websites to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus…)
- Try and understand how the search engines work and how do they see your website.
- Lean about search engine indexing and crawlers.
- Make sure your site is responsive and mobile friendly
- Allow the visitors to interact with your website. Ask the visitor to comment and share the contents (Social media)